onsdag 17 oktober 2007

don't let anyone stand in your way.

Nina I can be your boyfriend
so you can stay with your girlfriend.
Your father is a sweet old man
but it is hard for him to understand
that you wanna love a woman
Nina I can be your boyfriend
if it puts an end to all this nonsens.
First time I see you in Berlin.
And you don't tell me anyting.
Until outside your dad's apartment!

Oh God, Jesus Christ!
I try to focus on your eyes
we're having dinner with your family now
keep a steady look at your left eyebrow
If it's raised, it means yes
If it's not it means take a guess
Hey! You! Stop kicking my legs
I'm doing my best
can you pass the eggs?

Your father puts on my record
he sais: so tell me how you met her
I get a little nervous and change the subject
and put my hand on some metal object
He jokes and tells me it's a liedetector
He takes out the booklet and starts reading
So I heard you're moving out next season
I say: Yeah, New York is nice that time of year
almost as green as it is here
He says: I thought you were moving to Sweden?

Oh God, what have I done?
I came to Berlin to have som fun
then it turned into buffalo 66
on your fathers wall a big crucifix
guess thats why he wont let u go
his catholic heart is big and slow
you know I'll do anything for love
but Nina what were you thinking of?

But Nina I can be your boyfriend!
So you can stay with your girlfriend!
Your father is mailing me all the time.
He says he just wants to say hi
I send back "out of office, auto-replies"
Nina I just want to check in
'cause I think about you every second
So I send you this postcard just to say
Don't let anyone stand in your way
Yours truly, Jens Lekman



Inga kommentarer: